Monday, August 10, 2009

The Niagra Falls !!!

This was the most obvious thing to do... I started weaving the phrases in my mind even while I was still in the lap of the most unyielding beauty I have ever seen.... THE NIAGRA FALLS !!!
'It was beautiful' might be an understatement, the light green hue makes you wonder if God has himself colored it that ways... 'it was exhilarating' might not completely define what I felt at that moment... I remember the particular instant when I could see the mighty water crashing on the rocks around me while I was holding the raincoat tightly around my ears and all I could hear was dead silence, not believing that there were around 50 people with me on the cruise... And then I let go... the mist falling on my face, I took in the thundering serenity keeping my eyes open all the while not to miss even a single second of the breathtaking opportunity...


It was as close as we could get.... scary and overwhelming at the same time... You have to see it to believe it.... the splashing water threatening to crash beyond its limits every instant and even though man, as stubborn as he is, has found a way to topple away nature's barriers and found a way into the very heart of it, you couldn't help but marvel in nature's audacity, stamping its presence, letting you know that it still rules, despite of everything ...

1 comment:

  1. yaar thodi angrezi kamjor hain...to samajh kam aayi....but itna aaya ke basically chida rahi hain hume 'u hv to see it to believe it'....ab itne paise kaha se laaye....

    but main bhi bata du tune baat chedi hi hain to....mere ghar ki chhat se himalaya n K2 n darjeeling n gangtok dikhte hain.....siliguri ke.....huhhh.....

    ReplyDelete