Monday, August 31, 2009

Sunday Treats :)

The other day, I watched Mahabharata on youtube... sounds weird no... but I did; I get these weird cravings every now and then to feel at home and I do such things as I just mentioned...
the first two episodes were about "how ganga marries shantanu and kills his seven sons to free them of the curse Brahma had given them"... it was all very mystic... though the photography was poor, it had a familiar feeling.... it reminded me of our mowgli days... how we used to get up early on Sunday mornings, freshen up and sit in front of the television sets to watch our favorite programs back to back... the jungle book... ramayana... chandrakanta (God, I forgot it completely)... captain vyom (can't believe we used to watch that)... And while we sat glued to the idiot box, my mother used to cook delicious aloo paranthas or macroni or the ohh-so-yummy bread omelette for us.... I reminisce and I am filled with nostalgia... there is something about old days always.... which makes them good old days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment