Monday, August 31, 2009

Save the Grammar !!

"I didn't saw you coming !"
I wince every time I hear a 'did' or a 'did not' with some past tense verb... it aches my heart that 9 out of 10 people use it so confidently, so unflinchingly that it almost seems right... this is just one of the grammatical disasters that has entered into the casual way of things... youngsters picking it up from their friends who in turn might've picked it up from somebody else... this and the 'THE' ghost never seem to leave me alone... why do some people have the habbit of using it alternatively as if their fluency depends on this one word... or as if it is the only word they find worth using... I sometimes want to scream out aloud and tell them to get it right but then that ways I'd have nothing else to do but shout...

Oh, c'mon.. I am not being arrogant about what I know... it is just that I am sad at the level of ignorance people have embraced and the irony is they don't even realize it...

READ... this is all I plead to people... it could be anything... from a novel you like to your young sibling's fresh course books to a roadside banner or the sub-title of a TV commercial... It helps... TRUST ME !!!

1 comment:

  1. SAVE THE PERIOD (.) !!!
    It is meant to be used only once at the end of a sentence ;)

    ReplyDelete